Thursday, February 5, 2009

thoughts on blogging......thoughts

I have not been blogging long, and certainly not often during that time. Our church likes people to write in a journal. I believe that this is a good start to my doing that, with some censuring. I have written in my journal before, not very much, but I did write my deepest feelings. I suspect that someday, someone may read them and be less than surprised. Even in my journal I do not believe I had the ability to write openly. I am very self critical, not that that criticism leads to improvement. It is really not constructive criticism, maybe a bit overly self-conscience. Either way, I am hoping that this is an outlet that will help me more fully recognize those emotions I fear, and work at correcting the destructive ones. My wish is that putting thoughts to paper, openly, will lead to open discussions. I seem to hold my tongue more that I would like to. I know this comes from not holding it enough as a youth, and as an adult fearing the repercussions of poor judgment when it pertains to tact. I do not believe a person should hold in their thoughts, I do however, believe that they should voice them in a manner that is constructive, not offensive. Now with no real link, moving on.

We had a baptism tonight at our branch. It was nice. A 10 year old girl and an 8 year old boy (siblings) were baptized. It was by no means an empty meeting, but not as many people as should have showed. Truly it was only our family, their family, and one other family, plus the branch president. I think people are missing out in our area by not attending spiritual events. I think this is a good chance for people to feel the spirit they may be missing, or have forgotten, without having to really participate. Just being there can be enough.

This leads to a point that digs at me. We in this area, have been given a facility that is not being used enough, by anyone. It is frustrating to know how much could be going on that is not. I am not throwing stones, just voicing frustration at a communal lack of interest.

Maybe an odd stopping point but, "it is what it is"

1 comment:

beccabeck said...

I didn't know about the baptism. I was a little late last Sunday (due to a bit of a tantrum at the house... three-year-olds...)and I was speaking with Pres. Soto for a while during Sunday School (trying to figure out how the branch is to pay for 8-9 girls going to camp, etc..). I honestly didn't even know or I would have been there. I was home sick Thursday and have one heck of cruddy end to my week (heath-wise). Hope you and the family are well.